Volaris are a very ambitious LCC based in Mexico. In support of their aggressive fleet expansion, in 2013, Volaris decided to replace their passenger sales system.
To better align with their LCC positioning and commercial requirements, especially in respect of generating increasing ancillary revenue income, Volaris decided to switch to the Navitaire Passenger Sales System from their existing provider, Sabre.
Mango were contracted to provide expert Quality Management resource to support a complex 8 month migration project, during a period of major growth and peak travel demand.
- Preparation of programme and project plans, organisation, and documentation associated with Navitaire implementation
- Validation of proper execution (quality) for program deliverables according to time and cost restrictions
- Ensured shareholder awareness of project progress, risks, issues, and forecasted dates of key deliverables from QA perspective in coordination with the Client´s Project leader.
- Review and certification of project related documentation quality (user requirements, functional specs, test matrices development and content, project follow up, third parties vendors, data conversion and migration, project closing) at the different project stages.
- Provision of a Data Conversion(DC) and Data Migration (DM) methodology (planning execution, test and results)
- Independent verification and certification of the DC/DM results
- Review and certification of DC/DM related documentation (quality) for audit purposes.
- Provision of advice on airline industry best practices for utilisation of the Navitaire system.