U-Explore (www.uexplore.com) was established as a core strategy by HKExpress and its parent company Uriel Group to participate more widely in the travel value chain. By offering a wide variety of activities and things to do and see at the many exciting destinations served by HKExpress across Asia. Targeting especially the fast-growing and huge Chinese travel market.
As well as generating incremental revenue, the launch of U-Explore was a further key step in building an end to end travel offering, or “one-stop shop” for those travellers looking for exciting, value for money travel experiences across Asia. Such cross-selling was also designed to enrich HKExpress’ offering providing added customer service and competitive differentiation.
The key success factors to achieving and retaining satisfied customers were identified as:
- A very large variety and inventory of activities and things to see and do across multiple countries;
- A simple and reliable fulfilment mechanism – the process by which the customer secures the tickets and associated collateral to the activity they have booked.
To maximise speed to market and minimise executional and financial risk, it was decided U-Explore would partner with a “white-label” activities procurement and fulfilment specialist. That had already established a wide-array of activity partners, supported by a tried and tested fulfilment infrastructure. Klook was identified through competitive tender as the partner of choice for U-Explore.
- Development of brand and customer proposition;
- Benchmarking against competing offerings;
- Competitive tender, negotiation and set-up with selected fulfilment partner Klook;
- Ongoing optimisation of product line-up.