easyJet have come to dominate the European LCC scene, helped by early UK regulatory liberalisation and the successful takeover and integration of Go.
easyJet are one of the leading low cost airlines in the UK and Europe and indeed the world. In July 2002, easyJet acquired Go Fly Ltd to become Europe’s biggest LCC.
A number of Mango people were former employees of Go Fly Ltd and joined the new combine where they carried out various key roles, leading to the eventual successful integration of Go and supporting an airline that doubled in size.
easyJet subsequently engaged Mango personnel to restructure their credit card arrangements.
Project teams set-up to deliver key milestones:
- single AOC and Operation.
- merged Commercial set-up.
- organisation synergies and cost savings.
- completion of ground-breaking strategic negotiation leading to planned switch from Boeing to Airbus fleet.
Card arrangement restructuring included:
- establishing a common platform supporting multiple acquirers and payment options.
- renegotiation of terms securing improvements in terms and efficiency.