All Nippon Airways
ANA is Japan’s leading airline with an enviable reputation for the quality of its offering and its innovative approaches to the market. With the bankruptcy of JAL, ANA wanted to take the opportunity to consolidate and build its position in the Japanese and international market.
Here is how we helped ANA
The Japanese aviation authorities are making determined efforts to open up the Japanese market to more competition and reduce notoriously high operating costs, which in turn have meant higher fares than in most markets.In anticipation, ANA has established a JV with Innovation Network Corporation (INCJ) of Japan and First Eastern Investment Group of China to set-up a LCC serving Japanese and regional routes.
Determined to learn from the mistakes of flag carriers that have unsuccessfully established LCCs, the Osaka based JV is fully arms-length from ANA.
- Business plan development, especially cost reduction strategies
- Design of organisation structure, resourcing and establishment of bottom-up LCC culture
- Provision of key LCC expertise covering various senior roles including interim Managing / Project Director, interim Commercial Director, interim Operations Director and other specialist positions
- Project management of implementation / set-up activities
- Identification & negotiation of key suppliers and management of RFP process, covering full spectrum of airline activity (Passenger reservation system done in conjunction with experts Travel Technology Research Limited.)
- Set-up project management