PAL is one of the world’s oldest flag carriers, and as such continues to seek to stay ahead of market developments, spurred by heavy competition at home and regionally.
The South East Asian aviation market has become a battleground with a number of highly aggressive LCC’s competing with FSC’s.
Further competition is expected as ASEAN continues towards full ‘open-skies’.
Philippine Airlines, owned by the Lucio Tan Group decided to fight fire with fire by establishing their own LCC.
Mango were engaged to develop a detailed business and implementation plan to turn LTG’s regional turboprop subsidiary into a LCC, a process now underway as AirPhil Express.
Business plan development
- Detailing of key implementation steps
- Material contracts review and recommendations for improvement
- Advice on Commercial strategy, set-up and execution
- Identification of loss-making short haul routes currently flown by Philippine Airlines for transfer to AirPhil Express
- Redesign of organisation structure and resourcing in accordance with LCC principles