reward-U was established in 2016 and designed to be the loyalty programme for the low-cost carriers (LCCs) of the U-Fly Alliance, the world’s first low cost airline alliance. Launched initially with HKExpress, reward-U has quickly built up a membership in the Hong Kong market of over 1.2m members. Supported with a range in excess of 60 travel and retail partners offering a wide choice of opportunities for reward-U members to accumulate points towards free and discounted flights and holidays.
Traditional loyalty programmes are increasingly complex, and full of rules and restrictions. With the loyal traveller increasingly bewildered and confused around exactly how their custom and commitment to the airline or travel provider is rewarded in return. Reward-U was designed to address these issues from the ground up.
Drawing on international loyalty expertise, Mango people led the design, set-up and launch of simple, highly flexible and effective loyalty programme, in record time. Establishing a “launch-pad” for a rewards programme capable of operating across borders with multiple travel partners.
- Design and build of a new design travel loyalty scheme drawing on best practice across the airline, hotel and travel industry.
- Development, launch and build of an exciting new travel brand, reward-U that quickly attracted a variety of accolades recognising its focus on “U the customer”.
- Negotiation and close of points-earning agreements with a broad spectrum of major travel and consumer brands.
- Set-up, implementation and enhancement of a technology platform to underpin the reward-U business and at the same time apply technology to better serve the most loyal of customers.
- Sourcing of top calibre external loyalty talent to build up reward-U and implement the roll-out across a variety of travel partners and establish a cross-border loyalty business focused on travel.
- Identification and negotiation with various third-party investors looking to participate in a travel data centered business.