VietJet Air is one of Asia’s newest LCCs, following their first flight at the end of 2011. It has expanded rapidly to become the largest domestic carrier in Viet Nam and is perfectly positioned to offer low fares travel to the rapidly growing economies of Viet Nam, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.
In recent years VietJet has established Thai VietJet and have completed a very successful IPO in February 2017.
VietJet Air has grown from 3, to over 60 A320 family aircraft operating domestic and international services from bases at Ho Chi Minh City and Ha Noi. Major orders for additional A320 and Boeing 737 aircraft, will enable VietJet to continue its international expansion across Asia.
In support of this business expansion, Mango have worked with VietJet for a number of years in number of key areas.
- Investor presentations and meetings
- JV negotiations in key areas targeted for business expansion
- Aircraft lease negotiations
- Identifying and sourcing senior people to strengthen the management team (via our Aviation Talent business)
- Advice on optimising commercial and legal terms across a number of key contracts
- Benchmarking of VietJet Air’s commercial offering and financial/productivity KPI’s to ensure the airline is well-positioned to compete domestically and regionally
- Cabin crew training in the key areas of LCC way of working, and customer service
- Enhancing the company’s management information system to ensure that key business information is quickly available to guide the airline through its high growth phase
- Overhauling the Finance Department structure, processes and procedures ahead of a doubling in the size of the airline
- Market evaluation studies