VietJet Air is one of Asia’s newest LCCs, following their first flight at the end of 2011. It is perfectly positioned to offer low fares travel to the rapidly growing economies of Viet Nam, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar, one of the most exciting new markets in aviation.
VietJet Air has 3 x A320s operating domestic services from bases at Ho Chi Minh City and Ha Noi. A further 3 x A320s are scheduled to join the fleet in the second half of 2012, with further major fleet growth planned for later years.
The new aircraft fleet additions will enable VietJet Air to further build its domestic network as well as start expanding into major regional markets, providing Vietnamese and international travelers alike, many new opportunities to visit Vietnam and the surrounding countries.
In preparation for this business expansion, Mango were contracted to help prepare the business for this substantial growth in a number of key areas.
Investor presentations and meetings
- JV negotiations in key areas targeted for business expansion
- Aircraft lease negotiations
- Identifying and sourcing senior people to strengthen the management team (via our Aviation Talent business)
- Advice on optimising commercial and legal terms across a number of key contracts
- Benchmarking of VietJet Air’s commercial offering and financial/productivity KPI’s to ensure the airline is well-positioned to compete domestically and regionally
- Cabin crew training in the key areas of LCC way of working, and customer service
- Enhancing the company’s management information system to ensure that key business information is quickly available to guide the airline through its high growth phase
- Overhauling the Finance Department structure, processes and procedures ahead of a doubling in the size of the airline